- This program is available for informational and advertising purposes only. By downloading it you accept the obligation to remove it after reviewing or acquire it legally. The program or its part cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- Release Year: 2012
- Version: 3.7.18 (MC) to prepare for the exam, release date 03/24/2012
- Category: Computer program for checking the competence of navigators, ship engineers, electromechanics
- Developer: АМП Владивосток совместно с кафедрой УМТ МГУ им. Адм.Невельского
- Platform: PC
- Operating System: MS Windows XP, MS Windows 7, MS Vista, MS Windows 8, MS Windows 10 compatibility not tested (MS Windows 8, MS Windows 10, Microsoft Vista may require preinstallation of the Virtual Machine )
- Processor: Pentium III Memory: 256 MB Video card: 16 bit, 800×600 Free space on the railway: 512 MB
- Interface language: Russian
The PROXIMA program is a multi-purpose adaptive testing complex designed for all types of computerized control of crew members of ships during certification in the maritime qualification commission, as well as in training at educational institutions and training centers for the main maritime specialties. Test assignments and exam questions are structured by level and function according to STCW 78/95.
The algorithms used in the program are developed on the basis of scientific research and tested on a large number of testing sessions.
The program is implemented in the educational and production process of a number of educational institutions and shipping companies, and is also used in the Maritime Qualification Commission of Maritime Port Administration of Vladivostok. This version was used in the Training Cabinet at the beginning of 2012, the relevance of questions on the basic sections to the version presented in the Maritime Qualification Commission was not checked.
HOW TO INSTALL
Download the proxima3718.zip.
Go to 7-zip.org web page, download and install the 7 Zip program in your PC. It’s important to install the 32-bit (also called x86) version of 7-zip for a 32-bit operating system and the 64-bit (also called x64) version for a 64-bit OS, since the x64 version won’t work on x86 and the x86 version won’t run with context menu on x64 machines. If you are not sure if you have a x86 or x64 operating system installed, you can find this out in several ways. Here are 2: a) Press Win+X (this opens the Power User Menu) and select System. Look under System -> System type for the OS type you have installed or b) Click Start (or press the Win key) and type PC Info. Look under System type and find out the type of OS you’re running. Now that you know what type of OS you have installed, download and install the corresponding version of 7-zip.
Unzip Proxima3718 folder from proxima3718.zip.
Double-click on setup.exe file located in Proxima3718 folder. The installation starts. Click on Next button twice.
Click on Install button.
Click on Finish button.
Some questions contain video materials. For the software to work correctly, install codecs from the VideoCodecs folder on your PC. Double-click on klcodec289f.exe file in VideoCodecs folder to install them. The installation is very easy.
Double-click on training.exe to start the program.
When exiting the program, if you chose to compress the database (it may take more than a minute), wait until it is completed! Uncompressed bases take up more space, but work just like compressed ones.